Glow Plug Technologies
NGK SPARK PLUG is constantly expanding its expertise, setting new standards in glow plug technology. Glow plugs are mandatory to ensure a perfect engine start, especially in cold conditions. Under a certain temperature, the engine will not start without well-performing glow plugs.
Diesel engine glow plugs are basically differentiated between metal rod glow plugs and ceramic glow plugs. The two technologies have special characteristics in regard to thermal behavior. As many car manufacturers are not prepared to compromise on the quality and performance of their diesel glow plugs, they choose the proven NGK technology.
- Safe start-up from low ambient temperatures
- Low emissions during warm-up phase
- Stable idling running before engine reaches operating temperature
- High-quality coating on shell for high resistance to corrosion
- Unique shell design for excellent heat transfer, perfect gas-tight sealing, high shear torque, and high resistance to deformation and security of the heating coils