Data protection statement
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We would like you to feel safe when visiting our website. We process personal data according to the data privacy regulations of the country in which the responsible body is located. This statement of data protection is only valid for the website of NGK SPARK PLUG Europe GmbH and not for any websites which may be linked to from it.
Websites of NGK SPARK PLUG Europe GmbH may contain links to websites of other providers, which this data protection statement does not cover. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of your data is incumbent on the respective operators. Please see their privacy policies for further details.
1. Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data which refer to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The body responsible according to Art. 4, para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is NGK SPARK PLUG Europe GmbH, Harkortstr. 41, 40880 Ratingen
You can reach out to our data protection officer:
Dellbrücker Straße 116
51469 Bergisch Gladbach
Telefon: +49 2202 28 941-0
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, and if required your name and telephone number) will be saved so that your question can be answered. The data received in connection to this will be deleted once it is no longer necessary to store it or restrict the processing of it if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we need to use contracted service providers for individual functions within our offer or would like to use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective procedures below. We also specify the set criteria for the storage duration.
(5) We maintain current technical measures to guarantee data security, in particular to protect your personal data from the dangers of data transmission and before third parties become aware of them. These are adapted to the current state of the art in each case.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us regarding your personal data:
- Right to disclosure,
- Right to amendment or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data transmission.
(2) Additionally, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator about us regarding the processing of your personal data.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational reasons, i.e. when you do not register or transfer any other data to us, then we only collect the personal data which your browser transfers to our servers. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically required to be able to show you the website and ensure stability and safety (legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted respectively
- Website the request came from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the previously mentioned data, use of our website will save cookies onto your computer. Cookies are small text files which are saved onto your hard drive by the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the site that placed the cookie (in this case, by us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer generally more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Persistent cookies (see b).
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
Name of cookie
__utma and __utmz
Save accepted language selection and cookies
Cookies are used to collect anonymous data about the duration, course and source of visits.
See also §6.
c) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and for example, refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
4. Other functions and the offer of our website
(1) Apart from the purely informational use of our website, we offer various other services which you can use if interested. For this you will generally need to give further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the previously mentioned principles for data processing apply.
(2) In some cases we contract external service providers to process your data. These are carefully chosen and contracted by us, are regularly monitored and are bound by our instructions.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass your personal data onto third parties when you take part in promotions or competitions, completing contracts or similar services which are offered by us in conjunction with partners. You can access further information about this when you provide us with your personal data or below in the offer description.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a state outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the offer description.
5. Revocation of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, this can be revoked at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) In that we base the processing of your personal data on a balance of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing in particular is not required for fulfilling a contact with you which is presented by us in the following description of the functions. Upon enacting such a revocation, we ask that you present reasons for which we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your reasoned revocation of consent we will examine the circumstances and will stop or adapt the data processing or give you our overriding reasons, which are worth protecting, that we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course you can also revoke consent for the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising using the following contact details: email@example.com
6. Use of Google Analytics
Enables us to analyse how you use the website. The information gathered by the cookies about your use of the website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. In the case that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, in member states of the European Union or in other states signatory to the agreement via the European Economic Area, your IP address will be shortened by Google before this. The full IP address will only be transmitted to the Google servers in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile reports of the website activities and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the internet to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser for Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies being saved with the corresponding settings in your browser software; we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use the full scope of all of the functions on the website. Moreover, you can prevent the acquisition and processing of the data by Google, which is collected by the cookies and is about your usage of the website (incl. your IP https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizelp()”. This shortens IP addresses when they are being processed further so they do not personally referenceable. Any data compiled about you with a personal reference will be immediately excluded and the personal data deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website so we can regularly improve it. With the statistics collected we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(6) Information on the third-party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
Overview of data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en,and the data protection statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB&gl=en.
7. Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook.
With this we use the so-called ‘two click solution’. This generally means that when you visit our site initially no personal data will be passed on to the plug-in provider. The plug-in provider can be recognised by the marking above the box with its first letter or logo. We offer the possibility to communicate with the plug-in provider directly via the button. Only when you click on the marked field and activate it through that does the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. The data named under 3. in this statement will be transmitted.
In the case of Facebook the IP address is immediately anonymised upon collection according to the instructions of the respective providers in Germany. Activating the plug-in transfers personal data from you to the respective plug-in provider and is saved there (in the USA if it’s a US American provider). As the plug-in provider conducts data collection primarily with cookies, we recommend deleting all cookies before clicking on the greyed out box above the safety settings of your browser.
(2) We have neither influence over the data collected and the data processing procedure, nor do we know the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing or the period of data retention. We also have no information regarding the deletion of data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider saves the data collected by them as a user profile and uses this for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of their website. This evaluation takes place, in particular (also for users who are not logged in), to display demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; to exercise this right you need to contact the respective plug-in provider. Via the plug-in we offer you the possibility of interacting with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is art. 6 para. 1 p.1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The passing on of information occurs regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider the data collected by us is sent directly to the your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also saves this information to your user account and communicates it publicly to your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, in particular before activating the button so that you can avoid being associated with your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find further information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider in the following data protection statements from this provider. There you can also find more information about your rights regarding this and the settings options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy policies:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304,
further information about data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other and www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info.
Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. Embedding YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offer, which are saved on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all included in the “extended privacy mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you don’t play the videos. When you play the video, the data named in paragraph 2 is transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website YouTube receives information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. The data named under § 3 in this statement will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether you have a YouTube user account which you are logged in to or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google your data is directly associated with your account. If you do not want to be associated with your YouTube profile then you must log out prior to activating the button. YouTube saves your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of their website. This evaluation takes place, in particular (also for users who are not logged in), for the delivery of demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; to exercise this right you need to contact YouTube.
(3) Further information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection statement. There you will also find further information about your rights and the settings options for protecting your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google processes your personal data in the USA as well and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.